Saturday, April 19, 2014

GAME Plan and Course Reflection


I have been working on a GAME plan over the last several weeks. I set three large goals for myself. I wanted to manage student learning activities in a technology-enhanced environment, use technology resources to engage in ongoing professional development and lifelong learning, and use technology to communicate and collaborate with peers, parents, and the larger community in order to nurture student learning.

In my last post, I discussed some challenges and successes I faced while implemented my GAME plan. I have squeezed as much technology into my classroom as I can. I have a projector and one computer that I use daily. I show videos, create voice threads, and facilitate the creation of online concept maps. I have learned that using technology now can be more helpful than no technology, or waiting until the time is “right”. I have been successful in finding new professional development opportunities. I am interested in learning more about technology in the arts, and have found many classes that I can sign up for during the summer. My biggest challenge in my class has been to communicate and collaborate with peers, parents, and the larger community.

I will continue to work on some of these goals through the rest of the school year, and amend a new GAME plan that can be implemented when the new school year rolls around. I believe I will have more success with a flipped classroom, and communicating with students, peers, parents, and the community starting from Day 1 of a new school year. I believe attaining parent contact info will be easier. Students will know exactly what to expect from a flipped classroom.

The GAME plan process can be used in the classroom, with students. Explaining the course objectives within the GAME plan structure, acting on these goals, monitoring progress, and evaluating learning can be done over the course of a marking period. Using this model will give students a guided plan through the course.

This course has challenged me to implement the technology I have available to me in meaningful ways. I have made an effort to push my lessons deeper using technology. This has created more rigor in the classroom, while holding students a new, higher level of achievement. I have confirmed my believes that good teaching covers multiple subject areas and that engaged students will expand their own learning possibilities. Problem-based learning has always been used in my classroom. Social networking/online collaboration and digital storytelling will be used in my classroom more frequently. I also will be sharing these strategies with my colleagues. I hope my efforts will bring forth advocacy for technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment